09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Friday 2 December 2011

Elephant ears

Yes, you read it right. I don't have finished a elephant to show you, but you can see its ears. I like them so much I think they deserve a little post all of their own.


Besides, as this is my first attempt at designing a pattern, I still don't know how the rest of this elephant is going to turn out, so I'm going to enjoy the ears. Admittedly, they are probably the easiest bit of the toy to make, but they look the way I want them to look - and at the moment I can imagine them attached to, and waggling on a nice looking elephant.

The rest of the elephant is going to be made using purple cord. A purple elephant was the request, and luckily for me, I had this left over from making this sling - and it is nice and soft and perfect to cuddle.


Having cut all the pieces out, I've still got plenty left over - either for a matching cousin to this elephant, or a tweaked second version if the first is a disaster.

That's all for now - off to enjoy the gorgeous sunshine there is outside today!

No comments:

Post a Comment