09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Chevron Cushion

Chevron cushion from Issue 30 of Mollie Makes
Here is something I finished at the weekend.

I made the top back in the autumn while we were on holiday in Seahouses, so it will always evoke wonderful memories of seeing baby seals, and, sitting in the lovely family run cafe on Main Street doing some crochet.


I'd been waiting for Charlotte to grow out of the dress I wanted to use for the back!


I love it.

It has pride of place on my sofa (until the girls come along and destroy my careful cushion arrangement with whatever game requires them to throw all the cushions on the floor to be jumped on for that day).


The front room already had some nice purple stripy wallpaper up on either side of the fireplace when we moved in last May, and so I am going with that colour with the little bits and pieces I am gradually making for the room.


I used the same yarn as recommended in the pattern. Four balls of Rowan Handknit Cotton got me this cushion and that dolly for Charlotte. Not exactly cheap, but not bad either, for two items that will (hopefully) both be cherished for years to come. The dolly continues to be her favourite toy to chew, by the way. She particularly likes sucking the hair - which not only gives her pleasure, but has stopped the middle girl from wanting the dolly now.

If my home looked like the ones in the pages of Mollie Makes, I might have gone for the colours they suggested. But this is much more me, and I like it.


I have just made another fabric purchase for this room from Fabric Rehab. They have a sale on at the moment, which my friend Pamela alerted me to. Somehow though, a big pile of non sale fabric dropped into my cart. Oops. Still, thanks to the latest Mollie Makes, I did get 10% off the final cost (use the code MM1 if you want to be cheeky and do the same). And so now I am waiting for the postman to bring me a lovely parcel. That is definitely something that will cheer up a rainy January day when it arrives.

For now, I am counting myself flipping lucky to be having peaceful sofa time while baby sleeps, resting my back, drinking tea, Radio 4 and crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment