09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Monday 7 October 2013

Knit, knit, knit

flowers from mum
The last three weeks have been pretty much dominated by my bad back. Thankfully, I seem to have turned a corner with it this weekend, and am back on my feet and functioning more normally.

I won't bore you with the details - but it has made me feel grateful to be surrounded by so many people who care about me and have helped me get through it by giving plenty of practical help and support.


An upside to all that time spent resting, and not able to do much, is that I could knit. Knit, knit, knit. And more. Admittedly, at times, I'd only knit a couple of rows before feeling overcome by drug induced sleepiness and dozing off.


But (fanfare please) I have finished the second sock!


Has it changed my life? Not really. And the toe on the second one is very ropey. I didn't really understand the instructions, and was keen to just plough ahead and finish the flipping thing. Hence the odd pixie like pointy bit at the end, which, I like to think adds to the home made charm. Ahem.


And there are some other mistakes you can spot...


But there are pom poms.


Oh yes. Pom poms. Me and the girls have been making them, and it only seemed right that my socks should have some decoration.


Here's the other project I've been knitting. Much less taxing on the brain, and one that I can do whilst watching TV.


Now that my back is on the mend (and the shooting leg pain of sciatica doesn't seem to be troubling me every time I sit down any more) I am looking forward to getting on with some sewing in the coming weeks. I have one or two things in mind, but that will have to wait for another time. (Don't you just love a cliff hanger?)

No comments:

Post a Comment