09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Chocolate Cake, Bag Ladies, and the WI

Last night was the final bag making session.

Devil's Food Cake - with extra sparkles
Did I manage to finish my bag in time for the end of the course? No. Although it is now done - thanks to the visit of a friend and her little boy this morning, coupled with an out of character afternoon nap from the little one this afternoon. I'll post some pictures here soon.

I thoroughly enjoyed helping two lovely groups of ladies make their clutches and bags. And, yes, there was smug cake at the ready for their graduation last night. He, he. What is sociable sewing without cake, huh?

Here it is.


Devil's Food Cake - made using my sister-in-law's recipe - with added sparkly bits. Just because. Well, even grown ups like to play with edible glitter, no?


I only have a couple more courses lined up now before a little break for you know what. Actually, it turns out there is quite a lot going on here in the next few weeks and months. Boxes to be packed, and removal vans to be booked if all goes well. Fingers crossed. And a baby blanket to be knitted. All very exciting stuff...

But, for those (local to Bedford) who have been asking about courses, how about getting your crafty fix at the Scone Roses?

If you haven't heard of the group, it is the new(ish) WI that meets in Bedford. Once a month for talks, and also once a month for Stitch n Bitch in a local pub. It is full of stuff I love - and I try and get along to as many sessions as I can (not least because it gives me a nice chance to catch up with my friends over the tea and home made cake they give you at the end of each talk).

The next session is a workshop on how to make a `50s style birdcage fascinator. Thursday 17th March, 7.30 pm at the Jubilation Centre (next to Jubilee Park). £3 to non-members, and that gets you the materials and your tea and cake fix, too. What is not to like?!

Regular updates of all that's going on with Scone Roses can be found by liking their Facebook page here. Go on, go on, go on... take a peek.

And finally, a bit more fridge art for your viewing pleasure. This week's theme for the middle daughter's scribblings has been all things bakery related. No idea where the girl gets her inspiration from...

Is that a cake eating cat or mouse? I am not sure...

1 comment: