09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Saturday 6 October 2012

Wilma is nearly ready!

It's been a busy week here - I've been finishing up the last couple of lessons of my current courses, and, using just about every other spare bit of time to get the Wonky Wilma pattern ready.


Earlier on in the week, I made my second ever Wonky Wilma - and promptly gave her away to one of the middle girl's friends. She seemed pretty happy with her new toy. And I was happy too - not least because the making process had helped me think about what to write in the instructions to go with the pattern, and, given me the opportunity to take plenty of pictures at each stage to liven up the instructions a bit.

Needless to say, the middle girl was less happy to see this new elephant leave the house.

Unsurprisingly, her friend was having none of her generous offer of a swap (the new for the old). So much for that elephant being the love of her life. As soon as the new upgrade comes along, she is ready to drop her old one faster than you can say "I am unashamedly fickle".


Mum and my friend Pamela are among the people I've got on the case pattern testing this weekend, and they've already given me some really good tips on improving the instructions and pattern. Once all the testing is done, there'll be a little more tweaking, and then hopefully Wilma will be ready early next week. Can't wait!


In the meantime, now that word is out amongst my girls that it isn't just the Elves who make elephants, I have had requests in for another two. Starting with the littlest girl...






Never underestimate the glee two little girls can have at the sight of elephant bottoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment