09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Thursday 8 March 2012

A little break from pink

In a house with three little girls, it is sometimes nice to have a little break from pink. A nod to the days when clothes for little girls weren't all about pink and frills. 

Here is my latest make. 



Sometimes, I see a fabric and have a rare moment of complete "I've got to have it so that I can make ... with it" decisiveness. And that is what happened when I first saw this retro style print by Michael Miller. I just love it. And I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted to make a dress for my littlest girl to wear. 

Almost went to town with lots of orange buttons
on the front yoke - not sure why I didn't in the end
Nearly finished.

This is definitely my favourite out of the clothes I have made for my children. I know I am going to smile at the sight of her running around in it, and also as it hangs on the line in the sunshine. Another reason to love Spring.

2 comments: