09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Thursday 17 November 2011

If at first you don't succeed...

...stop and have a cup of tea. And a crispy cake.


I am in the middle of making a baby sling for a friend of mine who has just had her third baby. Having seen how much I used my own one when my third daughter was tiny, she asked me to make one for her. Full of pride at being thought of as a sewing genius (or so I thought) I agreed straight away.

After a lovely time choosing fabrics, and cutting all the bits out, things were going nicely. I was even feeling clever for putting in the addition of a little loop to attach a small bag or something to.


And then, it all went a bit wrong.






As the sling reached what is known in the trade as the `looks like a dog's dinner' stage, I unpicked all the top part and stepped away from the sewing machine. 

Hopefully, I'll finish it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment