09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Sunday 5 June 2011

Book bags

Tomorrow is the start of the first sewing course I'm going to be teaching, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and getting started!

As the ladies coming along are all brand new to sewing, I thought we'd start with some simple book bags.

Here's a peek at what we're going to be making:

Denim book bag with handmade straps and matching button

Linen book bag with Amy Butler fabric at bottom

Both of these were simple to make - just one big piece of material folded in half with seams up the side. I wanted something that would use plain fabric and then be customised, so I could easily keep a stash of fabric ready to use so that the ladies coming can get started making something on their first evening. The longest part of the process for me was deciding on how I wanted to customise the bags!

I'm now thinking I might make some more versions of these ready for the girls for the summer holidays - a fun bag to fill with goodies to keep them busy on journeys, with maybe a pocket or two for sunglasses and snacks...


No comments:

Post a Comment