09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Saturday 25 February 2012

Monkey Business

Today I had a lot of fun at a charity sewing workshop. A BIG thank you must go to my wonderful sewing friends who came and helped, and my friends Carole and Khaled, for letting me use their lovely restaurant for free, meaning all the money raised could go straight to the charity.


Thanks to everyone who came and supported - you all worked your socks off (ha ha ha), whilst eating cake, drinking cappuccinos and lattes. It was a lot of fun. You can see the latest total you helped raise here. (The sock monkey gallery will be up next week - please email your pictures to me if you'd like your monkey to star in it.)




The lovely Gemma, Imogen and Pamela worked solidly at the sewing machines for the entire morning - sewing up everyone's monkey limbs in lightening fast time. (Imogen very kindly took all the pictures, so sadly not captured in any herself.)


Mum even came up for the occasion!





I can't take creative credit for this gorgeous monkey - but now that my girls have spotted it, the comments of "Oooo, I like that monkey's tutu, Mummy", have already started. Thanks for that, Gem!










My friend Carole provided us with some scrumptious home made cakes. Yum, yum, yum.





Thanks again, everyone. It was a lot of fun this morning, and felt good doing something to help a brilliant local charity. I'd love to organise more charity workshops like this one, so please get in touch if you missed out this time but would be interested in coming along to one in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment