09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Monday 28 November 2011

Quirky Sock Creatures

 

Two days ago, my middle girl had a go at riding her new (= big sister's old) bike for the first time. Unlike the previous owner of the bike, she pretty much had it cracked after half an hour, and has been requesting to go outside and ride it ever since. 

Yesterday, another small piece of family history happened here. My biggest two girls had their first attempt at sewing. 

Both of these events will be written down in here:

(One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book) By Chronicle Books (Author) Hardcover on 01-Sep-2009

I bought this about six months ago - and, I'll admit now, easy and quick as it is to write a sentence each day, I haven't managed to do so. Sometimes, this little book gets forgotten about for a few days or weeks at a time. But my intention is there - to end up with a record of family life that will hopefully be fun for someone to read through in years to come (either a little old lady version of myself, or my daughters... who knows). 

So, here are a few photos of the results of an hour or so sat on the sofa, my middle one with her tongue out in concentration for almost the entire duration (just like she did on her bike), and the older one trying to out do her sister with ever more elaborate design ideas.






Is the snake I made as a demo of how to sew on buttons a poor relation? I think so.
Proud Mummy? Of course. Think the thing that made me happiest was the fact Sophie sneaked her cat out of the house to school with her, so she could play with it with her friends. Cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment