09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Friday 7 October 2011

Purple linen bags

Here are some more bags I've made using more of the fabric I bought in Nottingham. 

First up is a bag with roses on the front...


...and a surprise waiting inside...


As the fabric was very lightweight, I used black iron on interfacing on the outer fabric, and some fusible fleece in between the lining and the outside, to give added squish and volume to the finished bag.

Next up, a slightly bigger version of the same pattern, with piping and self covered buttons.

Upholstery weight linen from John Lewis

And one more little one, perfectly sized to hold some Green & Blacks, making its way to a good friend who likes chocolate and shoes as much as I do.

Gathered Clutch
I make that 3 bags, 8 clutches and one mini skirt so far out of my Nottingham fabric pile. And still a couple of pieces uncut...


 And finally, a close up of those roses - I love embellishments that take less than five minutes to make and don't involve any sewing at all...


No comments:

Post a Comment