09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Sunday 17 July 2011

Rainy day sewing

It has been raining here for most of the weekend.

Yesterday lunchtime, while some of the family napped, and my eldest sat beside me doing some colouring, I thought I'd get on and make something.

So, here's an elephant print version of a Mini Boden Knock off dress. I'll admit, the style is nothing like the feminine flowery original versions of this dress, but an "ephalant dress" is what had been requested a while ago by my three year old. What can I say? The girl adores elephants, and her mother indulges her. 

I used the tutorial found here - and, as I already had the pieces cut out (they'd been sitting in my cupboard for a month or so) the dress came together pretty easily.


Hip hip hooray! The dress is finished and the sun is shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment