09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Thursday 8 November 2012

Bunny Rabbit Hat


On my recent shopping trip, me and the littlest girl spotted some super soft fleece. 

"That would make a lovely bear hat, wouldn't it?", I said, thinking of the pattern from Oliver and S Little Things to Sew. "No," came the reply, "a bunny rabbit hat!". All smiles and charm, how could I resist this request?


The pattern is not new to me - I tweaked it once before to make this dinosaur hat for a small boy.


It was chucking it down with rain all day on Sunday, and so, once things were a bit quieter in the afternoon, I got to work on the bunny rabbit hat. 


I can only say, that the results are nothing short of my own real life Anne Geddes picture. I am definitely in the `dress small children in hats with animal ears for as long as you can get away with it' camp. The sight of my littlest girl in a bunny rabbit hat only makes her cuter than she is already (I think I am allowed to say that as her mum). Love it. And, thankfully, so does she. We might just have found a hat she'll keep on her head when it's freezing cold outside (and when it's not).


And, completely randomly, here are some pictures we took of the elephants at Woburn when we went there in half term. I was most impressed with how nimble they were at balancing whilst their keepers cleaned their feet for them.





No comments:

Post a Comment