09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Dreaming up some bunk bed fun


Back in the summer, when it was warm outside, and we didn't need hats, scarves, gloves and coats just to pop out for the school run, we bought our older two girls bunk beds. They LOVE them. Particularly the middle one, who still proudly tells anyone she meets that "We've got bunk beds!", with excitement in her voice that fools those who don't know her well into thinking it has just this minute happened. (Long may she keep that sense of wonder and quirkiness that being three years old brings her.)

Anyhow, pretty much since that time, I have had vague ideas of making some kind of play screen to hang from the top bunk to the lower one. Yesterday, I got round to measuring up and sketching out some ideas - ready for Santa's little elves to work their magic. Or, at least, that will be my line with the girls when they open this up on Christmas morning. 

As far as fabric goes, I've assembled what I need from my stash, and all I needed to buy was some Velcro and Bondaweb from Singers in town. A very pleasing, calm and cheap way to do Christmas shopping. (I shall have a big slice of Smug Cake on Christmas Day if it all ends up looking as nice in reality as it currently does in my head. And, that they play with it for hours on end, too, of course.)

Now I can't wait to get started on it.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is elegant and superb good job! here is a topic about full full bunk bed.........

    ReplyDelete