09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Saturday, 18 March 2017

Liberty knicker making workshops


`I'd like a pair with dinosaurs on, please.' So said the youngest girl, as she watched me make these Liberty knickers. `Er, I'll see what I can do,' was my reply to my Pin Cushion Girl. She sits at my side sometimes, rearranging my pins into colour themed patterns.  


Two years have passed since I first started making my own undies, and I haven't looked back. I've tried various patterns, in jerseys and woven. The Liberty ones are my favourites - the fine tana lawn feels wonderful, and for me, the array of colour in the designs beats boring black pants any day of the week.


I made a couple of pairs this afternoon, and then realised what I was sewing coordinated quite nicely with the new dress I was wearing. Ha! I haven't photographed it yet, but it is my first go at a Sew Over It Betty Dress, using some to die for Japanese border print I bought with my mum a couple of weekends ago. Watch this space for more dresses, as the spring has got me right in the mood for sewing dresses.


I'll have to resist the temptation to put these latest knickers in my undies drawer just yet, as they are samples for my next workshops. This coming Friday is a double whammy for knicker making - I'm holding an afternoon session and an evening one. The evening has been full for a while now, but there are a couple of spaces left for the afternoon one, should you fancy some sewing escapism, with something pretty to wear for your efforts. And, as part of my campaign to banish boring pants, I'm putting on another set of knicker making workshops next month. They cost £25, and this includes all materials, and copious amounts of tea and cake. You can book here.


WORKSHOPS


There's one more thing I'm excited to tell you about. Sewing Club!

I've been thinking about doing this for ages, and the first one is on Thursday 30th March. We'll be meeting at Fancy (otherwise known as the best place to enjoy cake in Bedford), and it's a turn up and sew and chat kind of thing. It'll be not for profit - a £5 to cover the cost of hiring the venue for the evening, and, anything leftover will in time go towards kitting out the club with useful little things like extension cables and irons. Places will need to be limited, so do book if you want to come.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty... and love the thought of pants and dress matching!

    ReplyDelete