09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Thursday, 10 March 2016

New Courses for the Spring and Summer!


Hello everyone!

The weather outside may be boring and grey, but I have been busy plotting for some new courses of fun things to make in the coming months. I'll be doing a special post each day to feature each one, and there will even be a competition for you to enter. Want to know more?


 First up is a firm favourite of mine. The Coco.

This was the first paper pattern released by Tilly and the Buttons - in the two years since the pattern came out I have made nine of them! The pattern can be made as a top or a tunic. It is a great place for beginners to start their dress making adventures - I always suggest using a roma ponte jersey when making the first version, because it is nice and stable to sew with.

As well as lending itself to plenty of kinds of fabric designs (stripes, spots, prints and plains), there is also loads of scope for getting creative over different combinations of cuffs and funnel neck collars, pockets. This is my ninth version - and they all look different. I think my favourite one is still the sausage dog one, where I used blocking to combine two fabrics together.

If you'd like to have a go at making a Coco of your own, the next available course begins on Wednesday 8th June, and you can get full details and book by clicking here.

Regular readers of this blog will know how much I like to make my own knickers, using glorious Liberty tana lawn. Some of you will have already been along to a workshop to make a pair of your own.


The competition draw will be for two separate prizes - each is a place on the next knicker making workshop. The #KnickerDrawer (see what I did there?) will happen on Sunday evening, once the final course related post has been published - I'll announce winners here on Monday morning (once the chaos of the school run has happened, and I have my second mug of tea of the day happily at my side).

Please note that the workshop is in Bedford. To enter, simply click on one of the social media icons at the bottom of this post, and share it with your friends - please either tag me (if on Facebook) or use the hashtag #KnickerDrawer if sharing on Twitter. You can enter in the same way with each of the daily posts about courses (final post on Sunday). Good luck at getting pulled from the #KnickerDrawer!


No comments:

Post a Comment