09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Monday, 14 March 2016

Megan Dress Course


Hello everyone.

Here's hoping you all had an enjoyable weekend. This post is a day later than intended - I forgot to take into account my digital free Sunday habit I've fallen into of late - oops.

Here's my final offering for new courses - the Megan dress, made using the pattern from the excellent Tilly and the Buttons LOVE AT FIRST STITCH book. This version is not a new one - I wanted to show you an old favourite that I wear lots and lots. I first posted about it here. The lush fabric is Anna Maria Horner velveteen, and bought the most expensive lining I could, making this dress a splurge, I suppose. But, a year and a half on, it still looks good - it washes brilliantly well, it doesn't need ironing, and so I enjoy pulling it out of my wardrobe every time I get the urge to wear a nice dress just because. This dress sums up the joy of sewing for me.

The last time I taught a Megan dress course, I felt privileged to pass on some new dress joy. All four of the ladies on the course made toiles with me before starting their dresses. They needed help learning how to adjust the pattern, because they didn't fit the standard size measurements (most of us don't). A couple of the ladies successfully made a full bust adjustment, whilst another lady was able to make a dress suitably proportioned for her tall frame, and, another, took the genius design move to add her own Peter Pan collar and belt. Add into that the other new skills of zips and fitting in sleeves, and you have yourself a bunch of gorgeous new handmade dresses.

If you'd like to come and join the next dressmaking course - starting Wednesday 4th May - you can book a place here.

I'll do the #KnickerDrawer prizes this evening now, to give everyone a bit longer to enter if they want to. There are two workshop places up for grabs - all you need to do to enter is share this (or any of the other course related posts) on social media, letting me know you've done it by tagging me into the post on my Facebook page or via Twitter (@kitchentablesew). If you feel like you never win anything, this could be your lucky day, as there aren't too many entries yet. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment