09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Friday, 21 March 2014

Scooter Coco


Good morning, everyone. The sun is shining here in Bedford today... it is glorious outside!


We Brits do love to talk about the weather, don't we? Everyone on the school run was all smiley and bouncy because of the sunshine. Spring is officially my favourite and best season. I get a thrill every year when it arrives - like I have never lived through it before, or something. Anyhow, here is my latest (I'm not going to say last - you might hold me to it) Coco that I made last night, and look- bare legs!


Don't tell him, but I had to cheekily borrow the hubby's razor and foam this morning for this spontaneous baring of flesh. Another reason to be cheerful in fact - for months on end when suffering with my back (I had a disc removed in December which has cured it now), I couldn't bend or touch my toes. And now I can shave my legs. Too much information? Let's talk about the dress, shall we?


This latest one was another `love at first sight' moment when looking at KitschyCoo. I'd widened my browsing field for fabrics after the disappointment of all the striped fabrics I'd spied from Tilly's recommended sites being sold out. Not feeling quite so disappointed now, I might add. Who needs stripes when you can have scooters and sausage dogs?! (Actually, I do - hence the shiftiness about whether or not I might make one more Coco.)


There are lots of reasons why I like this pattern so much. I like its simplicity, and the fact it can genuinely be made in one evening, without burning the midnight oil. The simple design has really captured my imagination in terms of making it unique to me - be it the jumbo ric rac or a crazy combination of prints - and this has made it so much fun for me to make and wear. I'll be honest, I've enjoyed the thrill of putting on a new dress, feeling good in it, and then having people complimenting me on what I'm wearing - it makes a lovely change from my boring t shirt and jeans I've been wearing so much lately. I like that it is made from jersey (a previously off limits to me fabric) and that makes it so wearable on a day to day basis. Not only does this  mean comfort, but it also means no ironing, and that for me greatly increases the chances of something getting worn lots.

#nomakeupselfie for Cancer Research - text BEAT to 70099 to donate £3
So, thanks, Tilly - It has been fun joining in the Coco making. I'm looking forward to seeing all the other versions popping up on the internet. I think I will certainly be checking out Tilly's other patterns.

Hmm, which is my best side, now. This side...
Next on the cutting table for me is a Ginger skirt. The one I made two years ago is just a bit, ahem, tight for my liking at the moment.

...or this side?
But for now, I need to resist the urge to sit on the sofa and eat this cake. It is not meant for me, but for someone special's birthday tomorrow. Don't tell her, will you?

The rest of my morning is going to be spent digging in the garden. The owner before last was an Italian and a keen vegetable grower, I'm told. We have him to thank for the amazing fig tree we've got. But I am currently occupied with undoing a less desirable part of his legacy - that being painstakingly picking out the tons and tons of broken glass jars and bottles he saw fit to use as rubble under the shed (which was rotten and taken down my my hubby in a manly sledge hammer fashion shortly after we moved in last spring). At least the sun is shining!


Have a great weekend everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Love the scooters! I'm going to have to have a go at dressmaking at some point aren't I? You make it look so easy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, Alison- you won't regret it! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Love this scooter Coco! (Also, huge congrats on your recovery :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Are you making more Cocos?

      Delete
    2. I plan to, but need to source more fabric! You? (and how was that cake??)

      Delete
    3. I may do a couple of striped ones. The cake was naughty but nice- and disappeared quickly!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely LOVE this new Coco - awesome fabric choice yet again, and super-gorgeous selfies!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Lucy! Have you chosen your Coco fabric yet? Xx

      Delete
  4. All your Cocos are so lovely, I can't wait to make my own! And I have to ask - where did you get those lovely red shoes from?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks - and go for it with the Coco. Lots of fun to make and wear. My shoes are from Clarks - super comfortable :)

      Delete
  5. Well... I can only say... I am in love with that dress!! So beautiful!! And love love the fabric :)

    Ana
    http://www.cocowawacrafts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! It is lovely fabric, huh? I have a weakness for green, and thought the scooters were unusual and fun.

    ReplyDelete